Friday, April 23, 2010

About Me

I am a wife, daughter, sister, twin, auntie, friend, scrapbooker, stamper, blogger, and all-time P & P fan. I am a listener, an encourager, and for the most part, an optimist.

I have been papercrafting for ten years now, and have enjoyed every scrapping minute! I fit it in whenever life permits. At times, I spend hours on a layout. At other times, a page that is just as detailed can be completed in half an hour. My favorite scrapping times are late nights over at my sister Jen’s. It must be a twin thing, because we share a passion for papercrafts. We also creatively rejuvenate and challenge each other to reach new heights. I discovered the true heart of scrapbooking while helping to manage a scrapbook store a number of years ago. Our customers came in asking for advice on stickers and papers, but the conversation always turned to the pictures they held in their hands. We'd chat about their new baby, a daughter’s wedding, or that long-awaited graduation. And as they shared their family’s heritage, that once-in-a-lifetime vacation, or the passing of a loved one, we laughed together and we cried together. That’s what I came to love about scrapbooking! It isn’t the fancy paper, or the buttons and glitter. It’s all about the story you have to tell.

My scrapbook pages are glimpses of my everyday life. Like a writer documents the day’s events in a diary, I scrap the now. I am an emotional scrapper, motivated by colors and textures. For that reason, I often start with the products first. Some of my favorites are made by: Making Memories, My Mind’s Eye, K & Company, 7 Gypsies, American Crafts, Bazzill Basics, and Basic Grey. I tend to offset my pictures with bright bold colors and geometric lines balanced with details, layers, and simple collage. I love to take my supplies and layer them, texture them, or paint them - to transform them in a new or unique way.

My passion and desire is to teach and inspire others to live life to the fullest, and to chronicle their days along the way. Whether you are preserving your story for family or sharing it with a stranger, it is important to document that one bright spot - that memorable moment in your life. You never know how someone will be touched by the legacy you leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment